Any help would be great

Hello All,

    I am a social work intern working in Hartford, CT and I have been
thinking about "community gardening" as a community project. I am in the very
early stages of researching this idea and at the moment I don't have a lot of
specific questions. If anyone can give me some advice on how to go about
starting such a project from scratch it would be deeply appreciated. I am
somewhat of an outsider to the community and I don't really know how
receptive they would be on starting a project like this. If you have any tips
on how to approach the community that would be useful advice. I am also
concerned about how to aquire a plot of land. If anyone knows of a written
resource that walks a novice community organizer through the process of
establishing a community garden that would be helpful as well.
                 Thanks for your consideration and I hope to hear from you.
                                              Stephen Bogli
garpthecat@yahoo.com (please respond to this address)