Re: Question: Rain collection systems

On 09/28/99 08:14:24 you wrote:

>Greetings,
>I am an Environmental Biologist studying at McGill
>University in Montreal, and am presently working with
>the local community gardens here in attempts to
>install efficient and effective water conservation
>methods through the collection of rain water.
>I am wondering if anyone would have any suggestions
>towards the methodology?
>Mnay thanks
>Ben Anderson
>bander14@yahoo.com

I've heard not such good things about using roof rain water for food crops, in that unsound chemicals are in building and roofing
materials that can persist in soils.

We love our economy, our "democracy," our comforts, and we don't see that we're poisoning ourselves into a serious corner.
When potable water is no longer at our fingertips from faucets, what will we do? What are we doing not to arrive at such a state?

Happy Gardening!

John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice
Ecosystem Farm
Accokeek, MD

"I don't want to break your heart in two
 There's just one thing I'd like you to try
 Don't let science take your wings away
 You can live tomorrow from today"
 - Francis Dunnery

   francisdunnery.com

Food is power... are you in control of yours?