Community Gardens in Los Angeles

Wow.  I can't believe I found this site.  I live in Tujunga, California in
northern Los Angeles.  I want to start a community garden and I found you!
I plan to join asap.  Can you tell me about community gardens in L.A.?

Also, do you have member organizations who enrolled local banks into
donating land for the garden?  What about foundations that provide grants
for starting community gardens--are there some available?  Do you know if
Los Angeles has a program for promoting community gardens and who I can
contact in city government?

Thank you for going international and putting your information on the
internet into one resource for us wannabe urban farmers.

Debra Bierman
10619 Redmont Avenue
Tujunga, CA  90619
(818) 352-1892