Re: Dryopteris sieboldii

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Dryopteris sieboldii
  • From: foliageg@juno.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:54:45 -0700

Hi Alan,
Dryopteris sieboldii likes heat. It grows well on the US east coast where
the summers are hot. For those of us on the west coast it does best close
to the house or in the warmest areas of the garden. The nicest plant I've
ever seen was in the Morris Arboretum in Philadelphia where it was
growing in their heated conservatory.
Don't give up!!!
Sue Olsen