Aquatic fern question

  • Subject: [ferns] Aquatic fern question
  • From: "Louwrens Opperman" opperla@lantic.net
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:36:28 +0200

Hi All

One of my too many hobbies is keeping aquariums and that takes me to aquatic
ferns and a few questions.

I have what I bought as Bolbitis heteroclita (spelling?). How would it be
best to grow this fern? Does it need a period above water like Cryptocoryne
and Echinodorus? Does it grow in gravel or sand or will it grow on a piece
of wood? What is the ideal water temperature and PH?

Shortly stted I need as much advice as I can get ...........

Can you help me out please?

Louwrens Opperman
Pretoria, South Africa
Now on the www with my Platycerium site at