Pellaea india & Blechnum gallanum

  • Subject: [ferns] Pellaea india & Blechnum gallanum
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:53:08 +0200

Hi, I forward a request from a user of my forum.
The translation is my work, so pleae be patient. I hope it's understandable.
thanks in advance
I need some information about 2 ferns which I grew from spores. I got the spores from someone of the british spore bank, who named them Pellaea india and Blechnum gallanum. Unfortunately I can't find any description (origin, cultivation) of these ferns.
Probably the names where not correct?
The pictures here http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern/viewtopic.php?t=545 shows:
'Blechnum gallanum' which develop tillers and is now about 15 cm high, leathery texture, new fronds starts reddish
'Pelela india': is now 10 cm high, pinnate and brightgreen.

Baumfarne und mehr: http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern (http://www.baumfarn.at)