RE: Ferns Digest Subscriptions

  • Subject: [ferns] RE: Ferns Digest Subscriptions
  • From: "KONING,ROSS E. (Biology)" KONING@easternct.edu
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:44:34 -0400

Greetings Fern Lovers!

Several of you have asked for digest subscriptions.
I am pleased to announce that Chris Lindsey has
made this available to us. Thanks Chris!

Digest subscriptions on the new server are not a
setting that I make, but rather is handled by a
completely different subscription.  So you do it
yourself....here's how....

Send an email to:

that has the three-line message:

unsubscribe ferns
subscribe ferns-digest

This set of three commands to majordomo tell it to:

unsubscribe you from the regular one-at-a-time ferns list
subscribe you to the digest form of the ferns list
and that's all.

You could send the two important commands in separate
emails, but it is easier to just type the three lines.  Of course
you will get an email you need to answer to confirm the changes.

I have previously reminded folks that we can also not subscribe
at all and simply visit our ferns list pages on the hort.net website.
The threaded archives there provide a way to read one post and
the responses that come to it during each month.