Re: Wild Oz Platycerium ID?

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Wild Oz Platycerium ID?
  • From: David Nicholls nicholls@u030.aone.net.au
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:44:43 +1000

Thanks, Reggie. On carefully looking at my original photos I can see at least 12 Platyceriums. The area is infested with them!

Perhaps fortunately, the climate in Canberra is too dry/hot/cold to make growing them simple, and I don't think I have Keith's tenacity, nor space for climate controlled accommodation for them!

On an unrelated matter, Fernetters can find the new Fernet posts all neatly acessible at http://www.hort.net/lists/ferns/ listed by month and thread/author/date. It's a great way to track down older messages once you've deleted them.

Regferns@aol.com wrote:

Great photos of Platycerium superbum ......

Beware of the Platycerium Bug. After one bite, you then go mad trying to collect and successfully grow all of the species (the number is in doubt) ......

Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, Florida

David Nicholls
Nicholls Communications