RE: artificial trees

  • Subject: RE: [ferns] artificial trees
  • From: "Winter, Wim de" Wim.dewinter@wisl.nl
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:58:34 +0200

>Isn't growing most platyceriums indoors as houseplants
>somewhat like having an elephant for a pet?

This point of view would be to the great disappointment of quite a large horticultural industry here. P. bifurcatum and to a much lesser extent, P. "greande" are very popular indoor plants. Coming to the South, our suprise is: wow, then can grow outside here!

Of course your right about the easy way of doing things. But always trying to push the limit, now I'd like to try the wild thing. Davallia does the trick already, why not other species?