Re: artificial trees

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] artificial trees
  • From: "Keith Rogers" kerogers@iprimus.com.au
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:39:21 +0930

Hi Wim

P. grande?  The real Philippines one or the Australian one now called P.
superbum?

There are some growers here still persistent in using the old name which was
changed perhaps 60 years ago.

P. grande is real tropical, 10C and possible terminal, with 'two' spore
patches on the one fertile frond.  Whereas P. superbum is very tolerant
of -5C and has only one spore patch on the one fertile frond, but usually
has two of them.

Kindest regards

Keith Rogers
Mannum  South Australia

Keith's Fern Page is at
www.lm.net.au/~kerogers/
Supporting the Fern Society of South Australia on
www.chariot.net.au/~saufern/