Fw: Sending Platyceriums

  • Subject: [ferns] Fw: Sending Platyceriums
  • From: "Doret Vermeulen" cfa@mweb.com.na
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:59:30 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Doret Vermeulen
To: ferns@hort.net
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 11:04 AM
Subject: Fw: Sending Platyceriums

----- Original Message -----
From: Doret Vermeulen
To: ferns@hort.net
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 8:13 AM
Subject: Sending Platyceriums

Hi all,

I wanted to ask some help from those of you who have already imported plats
from another country.  I want to import plats from Bangkok to Namibia.  So
someone told us to use wetted newspaper.  Over the weekend I thought it over.
Some of the plats are really very small.  Would it work to put them into clear
plastic freezer bags seal them at the top.

I know I have kept adiantums like this for almost two weeks and in the end
they did grow.  I am just afraid that the mail will take much longer than they
say it would and that the plants will be dried up.  But before putting it into
the freezer bags maybe you should just make sure that the roots are just moist
not wet?

If there is someone could you please let me know as soon as possible.  As the
parcel needs to be sent tomorrow

Thank you!