Re: South African Ferns

Dear Fern Growers:

	This spring, I was fortunate to coordinate a 3 week botanical expedition
through South Africa, exploring the plants of the region...Capetown to the
Drakensberg Mountains.  One of our focus groups were the tremendous array
of ferns that seem to be amazingly absent from our gardens.  Many of this
list may have gone before, but for those that like to dream, our expedition
log with nearly 300 photos is now posted at

	Our guide was the amazing Cameron McMaster of South Africa1, who many of
you may know personally and through his writings about bulbs.  It was
Cameron's knowledge and superb tour guiding skills that made the trek so
wonderful.  I'm sure if you plan to head to the region that Cameron would
be glad to hear from you and possibly be your guide.

	Enjoy the expedition.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden