  • Subject: [ferns] earthquake
  • From: "Winter, Wim de" Wim.dewinter@wur.nl
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:17:03 +0100

Few weeks ago we got a message on this list from Ranil Rajapaksha from Sri
Lanka. I just learned that at the time of the tsunamis he was studying ferns
in the inland forests, so he's alive and well. He's now returning to his
family who living 6km from the shore were out of reach of the tidal waves.
Many of his friends though are still missing.