RE: Greetings Fern Folk!

  • Subject: RE: Greetings Fern Folk!
  • From: "Keith Rogers" <kerogers@iprimus.com.au>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:16:02 +1030

Hi Ross and ALL

Fern Dad, it must be wonderful for you to see your fern family is responding
with activity.

Down south we are seeing media reports of the extremely cold weather events
up north and as a fernie for a few decades, can understand how your
collections would be suffering and the concerns you are having.

We too have seen abnormal events over the past few years and losses have
been disappointing even with created environments simulating natural
conditions to keep them alive.

It is a challenge we take on to gain the excitement of success, so setbacks
and losses do occur.

Here it was 43 degrees yesterday, but that is in C or 109F, fortunately with
heaps of humidity and after the remnants of the tropical Cyclone pass, it
will be frying dry on occasions for next few months.

I wish you all well and hope it passes quickly.

Keith Rogers
Mannum
South Australia