Re: P. superbum

Hi all...

I probably haven't got it correctly...but something keeps ringing in my
ear about...."....and a babe shall lead them...". Good for those kids in
TN...not cluttered up with the facts!  My husband, who never exercised
his green thumb because he was busy being a Chemical Engineer instead,
now grows everything and transplants everything that everyone says "can't
be done that way".  Perhaps he, too, shall have his come-upance...but
until that day comes we are a-growin'. Aloha,Carol

>From: Duane Petersen >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net >To: ferns@hort.net
>Subject: Re: [ferns] P. superbum >Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:40:04 -0600
> >Gee Whiz, Phil. That was pretty clear from your first message. >Duane
Petersen > >philip crabb wrote: > >>Hi Mike and Candy, >> >>No, I've had
no problem at all. I've not been a customer, but I'd >>venture to suppose
that if they handle business with the ability >>with which they grow
their ferns, I'd be happy. >> >>The thought I poorly expressed is this:
There is such irony that >>occasionally the well-seasoned, highly
respected experts of fernet >>seem vexed by horticultural problems that
less experienced growers >>may simply take in stride. >> >>Elmore Ferns
grows beautiful ferns, at least from the photos I've >>seen. They grow
the easiest of the shield-type stags and they grow >>P. hillii. Something
tells me that they've not been at it a >>particularly long time, but
they've clearly got it down pat. They >>describe their growing experience
and recommendations in a >>straightforward and upbeat way. They don't rue
and fret about >>losses and difficulties and impossibilities, at least
not on their >>website. They're taking a fresh run at it, and I'm all for
it. >> >>That's what I meant, and should have said. >> >>Philip Crabb >>