Fwd: Looking for fern photos

  • Subject: [ferns] Fwd: Looking for fern photos
  • From: Ross Koning rkoning@snet.net
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:35:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Fern Folks,

Ross Koning here (list-dad)...as you know Chris
Lindsey has been
providing our mail list services for many years for
free!...at hort.net.
Chris is opening a small nursery operation and is
looking for photos
of ferns that he can use to help his new business. His
email to me is
included below...I know if I had photos he wanted I
would surely share
mine...but alas, I'm more physiologist than natural
historian. Chris has
helped us out quite a bit for a very long time for
free, so if any of you
have photos to share with him, I urge you to write to
him off-list to offer
what you would be willing to share with him. Perhaps
you would find a
photocredit to you in his catalog...which would be fun

Chris, I'll look through what I have, but mine will be
natural settings rather
than garden ones and limited probably to Polystichum
and Onoclea.

--- "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>

> Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:02:00 -0600
> From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
> To: rkoning@snet.net
> Subject: Looking for fern photos
> Hi Ross,
>    I'm not sure if I've mentioned this or not, but
> I've decided to open
>    a small mailorder nursery this spring.
>    I'm still getting my catalog and Web site
> together and am missing
>    photos for a lot of ferns; do you know of anyone
> who would be willing
>    to let me use their images either for free or
> reciprocal use of some
>    of my photos from the hort.net image gallery?
>    Here's the list of what I'm looking for:
>       Dryopteris filix-mas
>       Dryopteris marginalis
>       Matteuccia struthiopteris var. pensylvanica
>       Onoclea sensibilis
>       Osmunda cinnamomea
>       Osmunda claytonia
>       Polystichum acrostichoides
>    I hope you don't mind me asking you like this; I
> figured if anyone
>    knew of a possible source, you would!
> Chris

Ross E. Koning