Request for help in identifying a fern

  • Subject: [ferns] Request for help in identifying a fern
  • From: "Brian Swale" bj@caverock.net.nz
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:40:39 +1300

Hello all

I  have an enquiry about the identification of a fern collected in New Guinea
many years ago, and still growing at University of Massachusetts.

The curator wants to give it an accurate name. The nearest I can get from my
experience is Microsorium.  Insightful opinions will be appreciated!

Excellent pictures can be viewed at

Brian Swale
Christchurch, New Zealand