Re: Request for help in identifying a fern

Brian Swale wrote:
Hello all

I have an enquiry about the identification of a fern collected in New Guinea many years ago, and still growing at University of Massachusetts.

The curator wants to give it an accurate name. The nearest I can get from my experience is Microsorium. Insightful opinions will be appreciated!

Excellent pictures can be viewed at http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/fern-query/u-mass.htm

Brian Swale
Christchurch, New Zealand

THE person to ask is Jim Croft and the Australian National Botanic Gardens. He's a fern persona and spent years in New Guinea.

jrc at anbg.gov.au (@ remove in case of spam harvesters)

I think Peter Bostock is on this and he also may know the answer.

David Nicholls
Nicholls Communications

David Nicholls
Nicholls Communications