Fwd: Your Mom's Passing

  • Subject: Fwd: Your Mom's Passing
  • From: Ross Koning <koningre@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 23:14:31 -0500

We had an address error in the message below, but I wanted everyone to hear from Lisa:

Ross Koning (list-dad)
141 Oak Street
Willimantic, CT 06226

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lisa Herrington Morgan <lisahpmorgan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Your Mom's Passing
Date: February 20, 2016 at 10:57:37 PM EST
To: Ross Koning <koningre@gmail.com>

Hi, Ross.

Thank you so much for your email, and the kind words and sentiment that it carried. I'm grateful to Bob for sharing the news, and I'm touched by the understanding that people on fernet will remember my mom.

Momma loved her fern friends. I grew up enjoying countless "fern forays" with her, and over the years met many extraordinary people as a result of her passion for ferns.

I was lucky enough to be companion and caretaker to my mother for the last eight months of her life. We had long conversations about where she had been, who she had known, and what she had done. With the exception of the time spent with her grandchildren, the happiest times of her life were spent with "plant people." I don't think it's an overstatement to say that y'all brought joy and satisfaction to her life.

I thank you most sincerely for that.

Lisa Herrington Morgan