Ferns List is OK--back to fern topics?

  • Subject: [ferns] Ferns List is OK--back to fern topics?
  • From: Ross rkoning@snet.net
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:00:47 -0500

Folks,

I've been pretty quiet, hoping the questions about
the mail service would just die out...

Folks the ferns server is just fine, things are going
well.  We just don't have a lot of traffic in certain times
of the year.  Winter vacations are part of this.

Plus, I'd like to remind folks that electronic mail is NOT
instant messenger.  Email responses travel through
different pathways through the webwork of the internet.
It is not uncommon for one message to go on a fast-track
through the internet as a reply, while the original is still
reaching destinations on a slow pathway...

It is also true that the queuing of messages on your
internet service providers may be part of the "slow"

But if at all possible, let's keep the messages focused
on the organisms our list is designed around...FERNS!

Let me set a good example...my major pest in my ferns
are brown scale insects.  I'm greatly opposed to pesticides
as my facility is for students.  And ferns I find have very high
bleaching, etc.)  Water blasts do help knock down on the
adults.  But does anyone have a better suggestion that
avoids toxicity?  Even Safer's soap seems to have a negative
effect on many of our ferns.

Thanks!

ross (list-dad)