Re: Scale infestation on Davallia and Nephrolepis ferns

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Scale infestation on Davallia and Nephrolepis ferns
  • From: "Mary Gorton" mgorton@centuria.com
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:16:36 -0500

Thanks, Duane.  Orthene sounds good.  I think it will be enough in this
case.  I don't want to do any more damage than I have to.  If I keep killing
the babies when they come out to eat, I would think the mamas would
eventually die of old age.  I know about the Ivory.  The flakes contain
detergent also.  I get the bars and scrape flakes off with a knife, then
dump them in water overnight to dissolve.