Re: Pseudococcus

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Pseudococcus
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:13:11 +0100
Got a serious drawback today.
Some plants are infected with Pseudococcus ... Evil or Very Mad

They are
Dicksonia Squarrosa (above 1 m)
Nephrolepis
Asplenium bulbiferum
Cafe Arabica

A silly book, recommend to immediatly get rid of the infected plants.
Get rid of my treefern?? Never !! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Sad Sad

Another recommend a mixture of soft soap and spirit.
I didn't got this at hand shortly, so i tried Terpentinseife (something
like ox-gall soap - translation very unclear!).
I gave an amount in a bucket full off water and watered the smaller
plants upside down in it. Trying not to water the substrat to.
On my treefern I used some of this mixture and a brush to brush all seen
evidence of this pestilance away

I hope my plants will survive this emergency operation and those bugs not.

Can someone help?

Thanks
Peter

--