Re: Fern apogamy

	Let me see if I've got this right.  I start with two apogamous species,
each of which show no genetic variation when grown from spores.  They cross
and the cross, which should not have been possible, is non-apogamous and
shows wide variation in the offspring.  I've experienced variation in
non-apogamous species, but never before in non-apogamous hybrids.  Should I
assume that no matter how many offspring are grown, none will look like
either of the original parent or am I just Mendelianly challenged?

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road