Ferns Subscribers Notice

  • Subject: [ferns] Ferns Subscribers Notice
  • From: Ross Koning rkoning@snet.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:38:35 -0500

Hi Folks,

This is a message from the list-owner...ross (rkoning@snet.net).

Happy New Year!

I'm thankful to everyone who contributed to our many interesting
threads this past year. But I noticed that one recent thread was a
bit technical and resulted in a lot of messaging and people
wanting to get off the list to reduce their personal mail intake.

I'm not complaining, but many of those folks sent requests to the
mail list (ferns@hort.net) so that ALL of us received the requests
to unsubscribe AND the person was still not unsubscribed! So
these people ADDED to the problem rather than solving it. The
mistake about list-moderation muddied the water further.

I have asked our host to restore the unsubscribe instructions to
our standard footer....but in the mean-time, if you want to get
off of the ferns maillist here is what you do...

Address an email to:

majordomo@hort.net

In the body of the message write:

unsubscribe ferns
end

and send this two-line message. You should get a confirming
email after a few minutes. If you have problems, contact ME
rather than sending requests for help to the list.  My address
again is:

rkoning@snet.net

Best wishes for the New Year.

ross (list-dad)