Fighting the fuzz

  • Subject: Fighting the fuzz
  • From: "Guertin, Darryl A. \(North Houston\)" <cjlm7@allstate.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:38:15 -0600

Anyone have a good solution for fighting the white fuzz I've got on my
ferns?  I've relegated several ferns to the outdoors since they
developed a scale (?) problem, but with the collection I've got, I
really don't want to run the risk of this going viral and taking over
the yard.  I made the mistake of bringing in one fern last year that it
turns out had been under a tree with a scale infestation, and now I'm up
a creek.  I know ferns are notorious for sensitivity to pesticides and
such, and every label I've read says 'not for ferns,' or something
equally as cautionary...  Do any of these garlic sprays or whatever
actually work?

   Thanks much all!

     Darryl