Re: (Ferns) Polypodium difforme, looks like Asplenium

  • Subject: Re: (Ferns) Polypodium difforme, looks like Asplenium
  • From: David Nicholls <dcn@dcnicholls.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:38:19 +1100

I'm inclined to agree. Definitely Asplenium-like, but not exactly A. obtusatum, at least not like the ones I've seen in the wild.

On 20/01/11 7:15 PM, valdy pierozynski wrote:
Hi Denise

Re. your photo of Polypodium difforme : this is not a Polypodium
but definitely
an Asplenium!

Asplenium difforme used to be regarded as a
variety of Asplenium obtusatum but
is now considered closer to A.
appendiculatum and A. marinum. Your plant may
well be a variety or hybrid of
these ferns.

Some more info in the lnk below :
Hope this helps!