Re: cork bark for artificial trees

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] cork bark for artificial trees
  • From: Riley2362@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:02:39 EDT

Hi All,
I researched the topic of Virgin Cork Bark about a year ago to apply it to my
living room walls ... in New York City, yes, anything is possible.  The best
source of virgin cork bark came from the following source:  <A HREF="http://www.expanko.com/virginbark.html";>
The bark is most economically bought in bundles of assorted pieces and
assorted sizes.  You chose either "flats" or "rounds" and buy it by the pound.  The
company is in New Jersey, their warehouse is in Indiana, but the bundles come
from Portugal - go figure.  The price is by the pound and the staff is very
helpful when you call their sales department.  They ship via UPS and deliver is
within a week.  Their market it to pet shops who line terraria and vivaria,
and botanical gardens (of course).  Some bromeliad and orchid growers carry a
supply of the bark for mounting plants, but it is considerably more expensive.
The bundles are a little scary in size, and all bound up in metal straps, but
the pieces of bark are incredible.  I used "flats" (8 bundles of them) for my
walls, but the rounds would probably be more fitting for a tree.
Cheers - Michael Riley