Re: Charcoal

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Charcoal
  • From: "Jan Carr" <jancarr@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:59:03 +1000

Hi everyone,

We have been using charcoal for years and use the ash and left over burnt
wood and put it in a bag and smash it with the spade till the disired
size is reached. We have allways used wood from a fire that has been
started with a piece of paper and kindling, don't trust the charcoal that
you buy in shops.

Kind regards

Jan

Australia

[IMAGE][IMAGE][IMAGE][IMAGE][IMAGE][IMAGE][IMAGE][IMAGE]>From: "Rollins"
<willows@rose.net> >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net >To: <ferns@hort.net>
>Subject: Re: [ferns] Charcoal >Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:58:41 -0400 >
>It's horticultural charcoal. I wouldn't use the charcoal briquetts use
for >grilling they probably have harmful chemicals in them. >James A.
Rollins > >----- Original Message ----- >From: Doret Vermeulen >To:
ferns@hort.net >Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 9:28 AM >Subject: [ferns]
Charcoal > > >Hi, > >Just wanted to ask if a book says uses one part
charcoal in a planting mix >what charcoal are they talking about? Are
they talking about the ordinary >charcoal one uses to start a fire? >
>Sorry if it is a stupid question but here we are still a bit behind the
rest >of the world and I was always intrueged as to what charcoal they
are >referring >to. > >Greetings from Namibia >Doret >
>http://www.hort.net/funds/ >
>http://www.hort.net/funds/ >

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here