Athyrium nipponicum varieties

  • Subject: [ferns] Athyrium nipponicum varieties
  • From: ALBERT BUSBY <matt4u@btopenworld.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:40:48 +0100 (BST)

Hello everyone

Further to recent correspondence on nipponicum varieties. Here in the UK the RHS Plantfinder is listing the following;

Applecourt, Pewter Lace, Soul Mate, Red Beauty, Silver Falls, Ursula's Red and Wildwood Twist.

I have begun to receive mail from BPS members querring the validity and quality of some of these varieties.

I am hoping to aqcuire examples of each for a small trial in my garden.

Any info on the origins of these varieties would be very useful to me.

Happy fern growing from

Matt Busby