Re: Platycerium quadridichotomum

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Platycerium quadridichotomum
  • From: "Keith Rogers" kerogers@iprimus.com.au
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:07:41 +0930

Hi Louwrens

I believe they come from a really dry area in Mad, Roy Vail says in his book
'without rain for 6 months' and 'goes into a dormant state' but like P.
veitchii it grows on rocks and gets mists to supply some moisture in
between.

So in nature, none to very little moisture at all in the cold times with
perfect drainage.

Good luck

Kindest regards

Keith Rogers
Mannum  South Australia

Keith's Fern Page is at
www.lm.net.au/~kerogers/
Supporting the Fern Society of South Australia on
www.chariot.net.au/~saufern/