Re: Mounting Platyceriums

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Mounting Platyceriums
  • From: StevenJRoyer@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:22:02 EDT

Julia,

In the past I have tried both methods.  Stags seem to be happy to  adapt to a
lot thrown at them.  I do try and surrond the root ball with  some fresh
sphagnum and wire it to the cork or bark or whatever I used.   Just watch the
drying out, that was my biggest problem inside when I was in  Michigan, now in
Florida they are happy no matter what I do...well almost.

Hope that helps some.

Steven J. Royer
Director of Program Development
American Orchid Society