Re: Mounting Platyceriums

Hi Julia:

Moisture is the key to getting your young through
shock.  Keep all the roots you can when bringing them
out of a pot.  It is Okay to wash the dirt off before
mounting on your favorite moss.  I use bird netting
while others simply use fish line to secure the plant
to the board.  Your greenhouse will keep moisture in
the moss longer.  Platycerium refuse to grow in the
cold and wilt in heat.  The best temperatures for
actively growing plants seems to be 65 to 85 degrees.

Hope this helps,