RE: Microsorum

Thanks Reggie,

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ferns@hort.net [mailto:owner-ferns@hort.net]On Behalf Of
Regferns@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 3:04 PM
To: ferns@hort.net
Subject: Re: [ferns] Microsorum

Bill,

The correct 'new' name is Microsorum thailandicum.  When the plant  came
into
cultivation a few years ago, it was thought to be Microsorum  steerei. There
is an article in the Bangkok Post (August 26, 2002)  detailing the birth of
this 'new' species.  (I'd give a link, but I am  having trouble accessing
the
information). Dr. Hans Nooteboom (National  Herbarium of the Netherlands)
and
Dr. Thaweesakdi Boonkerd (Chulalongkom  University-Thaniland) described the
species in Blumea.  Bill, if you  are unable to access it through the
Internet,  I
can send you a copy of the  article.  I downloaded it years ago and it keep
it nearby.

Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, FL