RE: Best fern propagation

Now, this is something I can talk about.  I can write 'treefern' without
looking it up!!!

We have lots of treefern here, some residents and some imported..the most
common being what is called Australian Tree Fern.  Wish I were more
knowledgeable as to their botanical names.

I have often gotten 'loads' of treefern from bulldozed properties.  I lay
them on their sides on the ground, in the shade and most of them sprout
new growth.  I collected one HUGE trunk I call The Monolith, about 8'
tall and 2' in diameter and placed it upright so I could grow epiphytes
on it...and it has sprouted new growth.  We live on the windward side of
the island of Hawaii...lots of warm rain but not sizzling
temps....average temp is around 80deg.F. Cheers, everyone, Carol