Re: Japanese Painted Ferns

  • Subject: Re: Japanese Painted Ferns
  • From: Sue Olsen <foliageg@juno.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:01:49 -0700

Hello all,
Just for the smiles, I have a plant.....Athyrium niponicum 'Metallicum
Cristato-flabellatum' which came years ago from a well know British
nurseryman and is essentially the same as what is in the trade today as
Actually when I first started growing the Japanese painted fern, it was
distributed as A. iseanum 'Pictum' and subsequently A. goeringianum
'Pictum' before settling in as niponicum. Let's hope it stays there.
Sue Olsen
Bellevue, WA