Fern Production and pH?

Hey Folks...

  I'm fairly sure I asked this question a year ago, but can't find any of the posts. So here it goes again..

  I work for a perennial nursery and we just received a batch of ferns in from a supplier, 50 and 72 plug trays, ferns were ok but the plug trays were less than adequate.

  We up graded all into Qt's and Fafard52 Potting medium.

  Of the ferns we received last year the only ones not to come through were Makinois ferns most others came back fairly well.

  I know little to no Fertilizer is needed, light Osmocote was applied and the plants were watered in with a acid fertilizer.

  I will start doing pour throughs for these ferns and wonder what the pH should read optimumly?

  Can give list of ferns if needed and attach photos if needed. As well as give fertilizer #'s.

  kfb Maine z5