Re: Plants becoming pests, a little bit off-topic

I recall years ago I carried out a botanical survey of an area near
Taupo, NZ,(but not the area Brian Swale mentions).  Part of the area
was in Pinus radiata forest.  I was surprised at the number of natural
hybrids of Asplenium growing under those pine trees. Asplenium
flccidum, A. oblongifolium and A polyodon were involved, and there
may have been another species.  The area has since been
clearfelled.  I seem to recall reading that disturbed habitats
encourage the production of hybrids

Nick Miller
Rotorua, New Zealand