From: owner-ferns@hort.net [mailto:owner-ferns@hort.net]On Behalf Of
Baumfarn Webmaster
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 9:13 AM
To: ferns@hort.net
Subject: [ferns] Fern identification

Hi,
I bought today a quite strange looking fern on an orchid-fair.
The leaves are deep dark-green, with a whiff of blue and looking even
metallic.
At first sight I thought they were painted.
The vendor couldn't named it and said it came from south america. But I
don't know if it's true.
He said also that the fern loves shade and that the leaves only then
turn in such a dark green.