Fern identification

  • Subject: [ferns] Fern identification
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:13:07 +0100

Prolog: Sorry, if you receive this mail twice. I sent it the first time
with a wrong sender @-mail address. Sorry!

Hi,
I bought today a quite strange looking fern on an orchid-fair.
The leaves are deep dark-green, with a whiff of blue and looking even
metallic.
At first sight I thought they were painted.
The vendor couldn't named it and said it came from south america. But I
don't know if it's true.
He said also that the fern loves shade and that the leaves only then
turn in such a dark green.

It's very difficult to take pictures of the leave. Either you don't see
anything, 'cause it's to dark, or you can't see anything 'cause of the
reflections.
At at first glimpse I coudln't find it in the fern growers manual, but I
think it have to be there.

Thanks
Peter

Baumfarne und mehr: http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern (http://www.baumfarn.at)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of small_unknown_135B.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of small_unknown_130.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of small_unknown_134.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of small_unknown_135.jpg]