RE: Fern identification

Sounds like one that is sold around here as Peacock Fern.  Definitely a
shade lover...and lots of water.

ferns@hort.net >To: ferns@hort.net >Subject: [ferns] Fern identification
>Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:13:07 +0100 > >Prolog: Sorry, if you receive
this mail twice. I sent it the first time >with a wrong sender @-mail
address. Sorry! > >Hi, >I bought today a quite strange looking fern on an
orchid-fair. >The leaves are deep dark-green, with a whiff of blue and
looking even >metallic. >At first sight I thought they were painted. >The
vendor couldn't named it and said it came from south america. But I
>don't know if it's true. >He said also that the fern loves shade and
that the leaves only then >turn in such a dark green. > >It's very
difficult to take pictures of the leave. Either you don't see >anything,
'cause it's to dark, or you can't see anything 'cause of the
>reflections. >At at first glimpse I coudln't find it in the fern growers
manual, but I >think it have to be there. > >Thanks >Peter >
>Baumfarne und mehr: http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern
(http://www.baumfarn.at) > >[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
image/jpeg which had a name of small_unknown_135B.jpg] > >[demime 1.01d
removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
small_unknown_130.jpg] > >[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
image/jpeg which had a name of small_unknown_134.jpg] > >[demime 1.01d
removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
small_unknown_135.jpg] >