Re: New species

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] New species
  • From: "Judith I Jones" judith@fancyfronds.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:53:50 -0700

Hello Peter,
    The species eptithet is to honor Dr. Irving Knobloch who spent many
years in Mexico He was the co-author along with Donovan Correll for the
"Ferns and Fern Allies of Chihuahua".
    I was quite fortunate in getting to know him fairly well as his daughter
lives here in the Northwest and called me to help "entertain" him when he
always came to visit.  It was hardly a chore to spend several days with him
when he was visiting as xeric ferns were one of his great loves and I was
and still am growing a wide array of xeric species.  He had a great sense of
humor and I miss his visits.
Judith I. Jones
from the Fronderosa in Gold Bar, WA