Re: Hawaii Ferns

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Hawaii Ferns
  • From: Sue Olsen foliageg@juno.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:47:41 -0800

Hi Tony,
Daniel Palmer's "Hawaii's Ferns and Fern Allies" is due out at the end of
this month and should be helpful in your exploring. As for hardiness
their D. wallichiana is supposed to be hardy but I've never felt the need
to try since we already have hardy material. Sorry to report that the
beautiful Sadleria cyatheoides grown from high altitude spores only
survived one winter here in zone 8.
Good luck,
Sue Olsen