Re: DIY horror movie!

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] DIY horror movie!
  • From: "Jan Carr" jancarr@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:49:51 +1000

hi Bob,

Thanks for the laugh with your story it was great.

I have had a horror of a time for 4 days, starting with my husband having
a heart turn in the local doctors surgery and being carted off to the
hospital and myself left to care for all his "BABIES". There are
thousands of them and i have not been taking notice of what he has been
doing starting with his sporlings and the older thousand or so, but i was
ok to do the mummies and daddys, i know all about them. Well after four
harrowing days and two gales and running around like a mad woman, he is
home with his babies and i never killed one plant, not even a prothali,
which is a pat on the back for me.

We have not had a breakout of powder or coconut mite since a couple of
years ago when i asked what could we do to get rid of them and i used
half and half white table vinigar and water, the vinigar was an elcheapo
brand, so it did work and now my husband finds a few here and there, but
then again we are in an early summer here now and maybe i should not talk
to loud, the little buggers may wake up. We only really had 3 weeks of
winter this year.

Anyway, to all, have a Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year.

Kind regards

Needham >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net >To: ferns@hort.net >Subject: [ferns]
DIY horror movie! >Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:01:11 -0800 (PST) > >You
fernies have been way too quiet lately. >This ought to teach you better:
> > >"THE SPAWN FROM HELL!" > >It all began on a quiet afternoon as I was
watering my Rabbit's-Foot Fern. >"Hmm, that looks like brown scale!", I
thought. "I really need to wear >my glasses more often when I water." >
>I plucked one off, and decided I needed to have a closer look, so I
stuck >it to a piece of Scotch tape and went off to the lab for a closer
look. > >That's when the horror began. > >I will never be able to sleep
without the hall light on again! > >Have you seen the movie "Aliens"?
Remember the scene where the >egg pod opens up, and the guy peeks in?
Aaaah! This is what this >thing looked like! I was looking into it from
the bottom (the side >closest to the plant) with a 30-power stereo zoom
microscope, and >it was scarier (and cheaper) than any day at the movies!
If I would >have had popcorn, I would have spilled it! I even considered
going >to pop some popcorn in the breakroom and coming back to look, just
>so I could spill it and get the total effect! > >I was looking into this
little sac about 2mm in diameter. The >outside covering looked completely
dead and dry, but the inside >was another story! > >BLOOD-SUCKING MINIONS
> >There was between 400-800 tiny eggs, each about .002 inches inside!
>The evil horde was getting ready to invade! Each one looked like >a
microscopic milky-white rugby ball. Visions of the movie "Invasion >Of
The Body Snatchers" in which the pods took over the world, were >dancing
through my head! (Although these pods would have to gain >about 164
pounds before they could replicate me) Then I thought >maybe that
wouldn't be so bad; one pod me could stay at work and >earn a paycheck,
one pod me could clean up the backyard, one more >could do my taxes full
time.... > >Now where was I? Oh, yes.. These little guys were about to
hatch >and go on the march! Too bad for them (and thanks to 3M), they
don't >know that they are stuck to Scotch Tape, and until they can get
free >and push the elevator buttons to get to the second floor, I guess
>my ferns are safe from that particular hatching, but I think I see
>several more on the plant... > >Well, I'll go look at them every day,
and keep you posted on the >horrible developments. You do have a delete
key for your email inbox, >right? > >I gotta go. I feel like I need to
wash my hands. Those tiny rugby >buggers could be anywhere, and they
SUCK! > >Uh, oh, the bathroom is down the hall, I need to turn on the
hall light, >but it's dark out there, and I'm afraid to reach around the
corner. >I guess I'm stuck in here until sunrise. > >-BN > >...and to
borrow a concept from Dave Barry, wouldn't "Blood-sucking Minions" >be a
great name for a rock band? >
>message text UNSUBSCRIBE FERNS >

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Click here