Re: Adiantum lovers

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Adiantum lovers
  • From: helen urban rachett21@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:28:15 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hi nice to know that there is some one out there who loves maiden hair ferns. Wonder how they got that name. I lost the contents oif my greenhouse when I left in in the care of people who were supposed to be knowledgable and reliable-lost a rather large collection of adiantums including some that I had collected in south america. I have been trying to replace them- but it is so slow going. I don't seem to see many in local cultivation and I have lost contact with some of the growers that used to grow them. SAo I have resorted to trying to grow them from spoar. so-so luck. It is even hard to get spore. What kind of adintums do you have? Tell me about your plants. Sue Urban