Re: scale!

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] scale!
  • From: Kyle799706@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:34:53 -0500

Dear BOB,

   Having picked myself up off the floor and having dried my eyes after reading your post....i shall attempt to help...between mental images that cause me to almost spew my espresso upon my mac....

   Should you have internet access...which apparently you do(i always say that in case someone doesn't have a computer)  then flit over to www.google.com   (all bow for a moment before the mighty google...............ok now resume)......and type in Coccus hesperidum - Brown Soft Scale....whch is what I beleive you have...the same little @##$%%^^^^&&&&&**(....sigh...pardon me....that I have...and you will find more information on scales and your former english teacher then you ever thought imaginable....

and it was I that told you about the winged form....but remember that the winged form usually occurs in a colony when it has outgrown its food source..so somewhere in your collection is the plant...the host....the mecca of scale...and when you treat with oils or soaps you have to get all leaf surfaces...if you miss a crawler...then next month youve got half as many as you originally killed..then the month after that you've twice as many as you originally killed....remember in our lovely warm safe homes they've no predators...no constant rain to drown them...no cold to kill them...so they get a little rowdy...and dare I mention .......virile....
so do "The Google" and post what you find and  I'll "Google" also and post back
will do mildew

Mr. Kyle Fletcher-Baker, MCN