RE: vermin

  • Subject: RE: [ferns] vermin
  • From: "Winter, Wim de" <Wim.dewinter@wur.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:08:27 +0100

I got five sticks of Imidocloprid in the Clivia pot now and the most possitive
I can say about it, is that the ferns in the same room don't get infested at a
rate faster than can be controlled by hand. (Some of them got their own
sticks, apparently w/o adverse effects). But there's still too many of them
bugs alive to declare the war won.

The Clivia is a huge heirloom which my wife holds in higher esteem than my
ferns (please don't comment). The problem is not to kill the mealies, but to
kill them all, for there's so many little spaces where the spray apparently
doesn't enter. Gas would do, as would an agent taken up by the roots. Maybe
I'd increase the dosis even more.

Reading again: do you "drench" them - are we talking about the same stuff?

Wim