Re: vermin -Winter!?!?!????

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] vermin -Winter!?!?!????
  • From: "Mary Gorton" <mgorton@dca.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:22:06 -0800

Kyle,

Do you have any opinion which is more dangerous, Imidacloprid(as in Bayer
Tree and Shrub) or Disyston (as in Bonide)?
I understand both can be used as fern systemics to kill scale.
Please note these websites:
http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/disulfot.htm  for Disyston
http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/imidaclo.htm  for Imidacloprid
I understand toxicity is partly due to agent identity and partly due to the
concentration at which it is used.

Mary Gorton