Re: Ferns in Oaxaca

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Ferns in Oaxaca
  • From: XericFerns@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 23:01:00 EST

While I can't recommend any specific areas of Oaxaca to see ferns, I can
recommend Mickel and Beitels' "Pteridophyte Flora of Oaxaca". It  has excellent
line drawing of most (if not all) species throughout Oaxaca and,  while it
doesn't list ferns per district, it seems to do a good job of listing  districts,
elevation and habitat for each treatment. It involves a little  homework but
I'm sure you could use the book to narrow down likely 'hot spots'  for looking
at pteridophytes.
David Schwartz