Re: AW: WHOOPS........re previous email....!>>>>>>>>>Re: AW: ...

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] AW: WHOOPS........re previous email....!>>>>>>>>>Re: AW: [ferns] ...
  • From: SCARLATTI@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:52:39 EST

In a message dated 11/17/2005 10:07:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hermann@wistuba.com writes:

Hello  Scarlatti,
A cutting is not as valuable for us then spores, because we have  to
sterilise this part of the plant and it is much more simple to  sterilise
spores than a part of the rhizome. We propagate ferns and other  plants by
tissue culture on a sterile medium and after dividing many times  we put them
on a non sterile medium as peat or sphagnum and grow them in a  greenhouse.

Hermann Wistuba

Well..........good luck with getting spore & if you succeed in  growing this,
which I am sure you will have, please put me on the list for a
"""sporling""" & thank you.
_scarlatti@aol.com_ (mailto:scarlatti@aol.com)