Re: Please circulate on Fern Digest or to members

Hi Lawrence,

I guess you were away when fernet became ferns...

We moved from the server at a university, where
we had some difficulties with what people wanted,
to a private server with a supporting website.

At first we had only regular subscriptions, so
everyone was migrated to a normal subscription.
That's where you are still subscribed.

Later we added the new digest subscription and
that is handled somewhat differently...it has a
separate list-name.  So if you seek a digest
subscription to ferns, then you have to first
unsubscribe from ferns and subscribe to ferns-digest.
Those commands can be sent to the server at

The group still does not want people sending
unsolicited attachment files...graphics and stuff...
they fill up mailboxes, slow phone access to email,
etc.  So I don't think we will EVER change the policy

Another new option is to view archives at our place
on the hort.net website.

So, if you decide what you want to do with your
subscription, you can either do it on your own or
write to me again with what you seek, and I'll try
to make it happen unilaterally.

ross (list-dad)
on 10/16/02 11:08 PM, New York Bulb Society Lawrence edmonds at